a place with a future
Good reasons for joinING
We have established a group called NTM Friends and it would be great if you could sign up and become a member.
When you become a member we ask for a modest annual or regular donation of at least £20 which will help to sustain the Museum into the future secure in the knowledge that we have committed funds we can use to develop and keep the Textile Museum open. Donations made this way are eligible for Gift Aid which boosts the value of your contribution by 25%.
As a NTM Friend you will receive our standard newsletter, plus special mailings of interest. We are also looking at ways of offering our Friends special activities and benefits one of which will be a discount to our evening talks or events currently being planned for the summer of 2020 if we are able to open, or in 2021 if not.
All donations are handled through the MCRA (Montgomeryshire Community Regeneration Association) - the registered charity for the Newtown Textile Museum. (Charity number: 1181252). All money comes direct to the Museum.
Please Gift Aid your donation if you are eligible.
Download or print forms
If you would rather download and print a form for Friends membership, use the link below. Then you can fill in the relevant form and post it to us at the address given on the page. This is the best option if you wish to send a cheque in the post.
*Address for cheques: Newtown Textile Museum, MCRA, Plas Dolerw, Newtown, SY16 2EH
Friends and donations
How to go about it - online
If you would like to help us financially there are two options.
Sign up to be a member of our Friends Group, or just make a donation.
It is a two-part process. Make a payment, then complete a form to give us your details.
First - make your payment using this Donate button.
Then complete one of the two forms online, shown below - so that we have your details. You must complete both parts of the process.
When you use the Donate button you can select to make payment either with Paypal, or with a credit card; and you can also arrange regular payments.
If you would prefer to arrange payment through a Standing Order with your bank you will need to download the form here and post it to us.
- Standing Order for on-going annual or monthly payments. (This form is not available for completion on-line as the Banks require an original signature).
In both the Membership and Donation forms, Data Protection consent is required and optional Gift Aid is available. The option to receive our newsletters is also included.
GRANTS,Sponsorship or corporate support.
Another way to support the Museum is to provide corporate support.
We are enormously grateful to our funders and supporters for all the help they have given us.
Major Grants AND SUPPORTers
- Gwendoline and Margaret Davies Trust
- AIM Pilgrim Trust Collections Care.
- Newtown and Llanllwchaiarn Town Council
- Newtown Local History Group
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Church Act
- Community Foundation Wales - Powys Community Endowment Fund
- Community Foundation Wales -The Ashley Family Foundation
- Oakdale Trust
- Bodfach Trust
- Rotary Club of Newtown
- Alun Griffiths (Contractors) Ltd
- AIM, ICON & Pilgrim Trust Collections Care Audit
- Supported by the Skinners Company Lady Neville Charity - giving small grants to local grass-roots organisations
- Federation of Museums and Art Galleries of Wales
- Welsh Government through the Museums, Archives and Libraries Division
- Powys County Council Community Regeneration and Development Fund
- Nidec Control Techniques
- Tesco Bags of Help
Local sponsors and suppliers
Mouse Matt - IT support
Fibre-East - weaving and spinning equipment
Imprint - printing services
Sue Newham - design work
- Red Flame - electrical
Add your name to theirs by providing goods or services to the Museum.